Chapter 5: The genetics of bacteria and their viruses
In this chapter, you will learn how to:
- distinguish between the experimental procedures and analyses in the three main ways by which bacteria exchange genes.
- map bacterial genomes using interrupted conjugation and recombinant frequency.
- assess the outcome of double transformation experiments in terms of linkage.
- predict the outcomes of transduction experiments using phages capable of generalized or restricted transduction.
- map phage genomes by recombination in double infections of bacteria.
- design experiments to map a mutation caused by transposon mutagenesis.
- predict the inheritance of genes and functions borne on plasmids in bacterial crosses.
Homework problems: [Blank]